Blazing Paddles Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
- This competition is open to any homebrewer age 19 or older.
- Qualified judging of all entries is the primary goal of our competition. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. Each flight will have at least one BJCP judge.
- Brewers are not limited to one entry in each category but may only enter each subcategory once.
- We reserve the right to increase personal entry limits, or overall competition entry cap during the registration window based on demand by entrants and availabilty of qualified judges and volunteers.
- The competition committee will combine style categories into Medal Categories, based on the distribution of entries the competition receives.
- All entries will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- Ranking in Medal Categories will be determined by a mini-BoS process. The highest average score will not necessarily be first place within a Medal Category.
- The BoS ranking will be determined by a BoS panel based on a second judging of entries advanced from each mini-BoS panel.
Schedule of Per Entrant Limits
We have implemented the following schedule for Per Entrant Limits to ensure more individuals are able to participate. Return to this site after each of the dates listed below for a chance to add more entries (provided the overall entry cap has not been reached).
|Effective Date||Per Entrant Limit|
The full list of accepted styles can be found on the info page.
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1A American Light Lager||1B American Lager||1C Cream Ale|
|1D American Wheat Beer||5A German Leichtbier||5B Kolsch|
|5C German Exportbier||5D German Pils||19B California Common|
|21B Specialty IPA||21B1 Belgian IPA||21B2 Black IPA|
|21B3 Brown IPA||21B4 Red IPA||21B5 Rye IPA|
|21B6 White IPA||21B7 New England IPA||21B8 Brut IPA (Custom Style)|
|23F Fruit Lambic||24A Witbier||24B Belgian Pale Ale|
|24C Biere de Garde||25A Belgian Blond Ale||25B Saison|
|25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale||28A1 Brett IPA (Custom Style)||28B1 Dry Hopped Sour (Custom Style)|
|28C1 Wild Fruit Beer (Custom Style)||29A Fruit Beer||29B Fruit and Spice Beer|
|29C Speciality Fruit Beer||31A1 Alternative Grain Leichtbier (Custom Style)||31A2 Alternative Grain Kölsch (Custom Style)|
|31A3 Alternative Grain German Helles Exportbier (Custom Style)||31A4 Alternative Grain German Pils (Custom Style)||PRX2 IPA Argenta|
|PRX3 Italian Grape Ale||PRX4 Catharina Sour||PRX5 New Zealand Pilsner|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 2
Judging Session Locations and Dates
Best of Show
The BoS winner will receive the opportunity to brew their winning beer with Counterpoint Brewing Company. Some modification to the winning entrant's recipe may be made at the discretion of the host brewery.
- Tickets here
- Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each Medal Category.
- Entries will be advanced to the final BoS judging round at the discretion of each panel of mini-BoS judges.
- Competition results will be posted on the competition website following the Awards Ceremony.
- Scoresheets will be made available through the competition website exclusively after Awards have been announced.
The following medal categories have been developed by the competition committee:
1A American Light Lager
1B American Lager
1C Cream Ale
1D American Wheat Beer
19B California Common
5A German Leichtbier
5C German Exportbier
5D German Pils
31A1 Alternative Grain Leichtbier (Custom Style)
31A2 Alternative Grain Kölsch (Custom Style)
31A3 Alternative Grain German Helles Exportbier (Custom Style)
31A4 Alternative Grain German Pils (Custom Style)
PRX5 New Zealand Pilsner
24B Belgian Pale Ale
24C Biere de Garde
25A Belgian Blond Ale
25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale
Specialty IPA I
21B7 New England IPA
Specialty IPA II
21B8 Brut IPA
28A1 Brett IPA
28B1 Dry Hopped Sour
Specialty IPA III
21B Specialty IPA
21B1 Belgian IPA
21B2 Black IPA
21B3 Brown IPA
21B4 Red IPA
21B5 Rye IPA
21B6 White IPA
PRX2 Argentine IPA
23F Fruit Lambic
28C1 Wild Fruit Beer
PRX4 Catharina Sour
29A Fruit Beer
29B Fruit and Spice Beer
29C Specialty Fruit Beer
PRX3 Italian Grape Ale
935 Frederick St, Kitchener, ON
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:00 PM, EDT